Community Use

Built by Christ Church to serve the low-income residents of Old City, Neighborhood House opened its doors in 1915. Since then, the building has functioned as a soup kitchen, a meeting house, an athletic facility, and a performance venue—in the late 1990s, local performing artists gravitated towards the brick-walled gymnasium on the uppermost floor. The Neighborhood House program solidified around that homegrown, community demand and the theater advanced with it. In 2010, the building was renovated to be fully ADA accessible, including the addition of an elevator, and the fourth floor gymnasium adapted into a state-of-the-art "brick box" theater. 

Meeting, rehearsal, reception, and performance rooms are available to arts and culture groups and community-based organizations at reduced rates. Neighborhood House is also available for conference and corporate rentals.





Learn about worship service times, volunteer ministries, church activities and much more.

Learn more cartouche